If you have lost your teeth due to accidents, illness, or poor hygiene, you may be looking for a solution to replace them with new teeth. A dental implant is one of the best ways to replace natural teeth, which is done by implanting a metal base in the jaw bone and an artificial coating on it. But dental implant has different methods and you can choose one depending on your conditions. One of these methods is the punch method implant, which we discuss in this article.
What is meant by a punchy implant?
Implant by punch method or implant without surgery is one of the new and advanced dental implant methods in which there is no need to split the gum and cut the jaw bone. In this method, the dentist determines the exact location of the implant by using 3D images and special devices, and with a punch device, makes a small hole in the gum and places the implant in it. This procedure is done in less than an hour and has very little pain and bleeding. Also, the recovery period after this method is shorter than traditional methods.
Advantages of punch implants
The punch method implant has many advantages, which can be mentioned as follows:
- This method is suitable for people who are afraid of surgery. Because in this method, the surgery is not open and closed and only a small hole is created in the gum.
- This method is suitable for people with blood coagulation disorders. Because in this method, there is minimal bleeding and there is no need to inject blood or special drugs.
- This method is suitable for people who have little time to do implants. Because in this method, the implantation process is done in one session and there is no need to visit again.
- This method is suitable for people who have lost their teeth completely. Because in this method, new teeth can be installed with fewer implants and the cost can be reduced.
- This method makes the jawbone fuse to the implant faster and has more resistance. Because in this method, the jawbone is less damaged and the tissues around it are preserved.
Disadvantages of the implant by the punch method
Punch implants also have disadvantages, which can be mentioned as follows:
- This method is not suitable for everyone. To perform this procedure, you must have a strong jawbone. If your jawbone is low or weak, you cannot use this method.
- This method requires high skill and experience of the dentist. To perform this procedure, the dentist must place the implant in the right place with great care and avoid any errors or infections.
- This method is more expensive than traditional methods. Because to perform this method, expensive and advanced equipment and devices must be used, and the cost of special implants for this method is also higher.
How to use the implant by the punch method
If you want to use an implant by the punch method, you must first consult with a dentist and check whether you have the necessary conditions to perform this procedure or not. By performing the necessary examinations and tests, the dentist can determine whether your jaw bone is strong enough or not, and how many and what types of implants are suitable for you. Also, the dentist can determine the exact location of the implants by using 3D images and can show you a plan of your new teeth using computer software.
If you and the dentist agree to use the implant by the punch method, you must go through the following steps:
- In the first session, the dentist uses a punch machine to make small holes in your gums and place the implants in them. This step is done in less than an hour and you will experience little pain and bleeding. Your dentist may prescribe anti-inflammatory or antiseptic medications and guide you in oral care and implants.
- At the second appointment, usually after a few weeks, the dentist can check whether the implants are fused to your jawbone and whether there is an infection or problem by performing tests and examinations. If all goes well, the dentist will place artificial crowns on the implants and you can have new teeth.
- In the third session, which is usually done after a few months, the dentist can ensure the quality and function of your new teeth by performing a final examination and guiding you to maintain and care for them.
Punch implant is one of the new and advanced dental implant methods that can be a good option for people who have lost their teeth. This method has advantages such as speed, no pain, no bleeding, a short recovery period, and lower cost. But this method also has disadvantages such as the need for sufficient and strong jaw bone, and the need for advanced and more expensive equipment and devices. To perform this procedure, you must consult a dentist in Ottawa and check whether you have the necessary conditions or not. If you use this method, you must go through certain steps and care for your new teeth.